NICE IAS Sociology optional (Offline/Online) batch, is going to start from 5th June 2023. The batch is targeted for CSE Mains 2024.
- Lectures (Detailed coverage of Syllabus running approximately 240 hrs)
- Study Material (Hard copy) (To be couriered for online students)
- Test Series: Students would have option to write tests
- Immediately after the classes finish; or
- Between Prelims and mains 24
Preliminary Readings advised:
All those who are completely new to the subject are advised to go through following books thoroughly before the classes begin to have optimum benefit of lectures.
Start with NCERT books 11th and 12th standard
Followed by “Sociology – Its discipline and dimensions” by Parimal B. Kar; and
Finally, “Sociology: Themes and Perspectives” by Haralambos and Heald (Old Haralambos)
These books must be read page to page, avoiding data.
While studying emphasis should be on conceptual (specific terms used in a discipline) clarification. More the conceptual clarity, better is the understanding and therefore improved chance of scoring high.
- Caste in India and other essays by M.N.Srinivas
- Social Change in Modern India by M.N.Srinivas
Class Timings: 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
Class days: 5 days a week (Usually Monday to Friday. In certain cases classes would be taken on Saturdays and Sundays instead of weekdays)
Span of Course: 5 months (Approx.)
Fee: Rs 60000/-
Students Joining on or before following dates would avail corresponding discounts:
- 31st March 2023 – 30% – Use Coupon Code NICE30
- 30th April 2023 – 20% – Use Coupon Code NICE20
- 25th May 2023 – 10% – Use Coupon Code NICE10
Mode of Learning: Hybrid (Offline and Online both)
- All enrolled students would have access to both Offline and Online mode. One can attend classes as per his/her convenience. Access to Recorded Lectures would be available till 24th mains. Views are limited to 10 view. So, students must not share the id and password with any other person.
- Online students can raise their queries in chat box while attending live classes. First 15 minutes of each class would be used to clear your doubts.
- Students are expected to raise only sociology relevant queries. Irrelevant questions would not be entertained.
- Online classes can be accessed on NICEIAS App or on desktop/laptop. Call at reception 011-47065959 to know the procedure.
- All Enrolments to be done only on this website. Use following steps to enroll:
– Click on TAKE THIS COURSE – Use appropriate coupon code in the box – Click on PROCEED TO CHECKOUT – Fill up the billing details – Choose payment option Credit & Debit Cards / Netbanking – click place the order – complete the payment.
- After successful completion of enrolments, students must mail one identity document, educational certificate (Graduation) and one recent photograph on following email. Id. [email protected] for approval.
Praveen Kishore – 80 classes (Approx.) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Cchavi Vasisht – 40 classes (Approx.) on Saturday and Sunday.
|Praveen Kishore||Cchavi Vasisht|
|Sociology as Science – Paper I||Research and Methodology – Paper I|
|Sociology the discipline – Paper I||Work and Economic Life – Paper I|
|Social stratification – Paper I||System of Kinship – Paper I & II|
|Sociological Thinkers – Paper I||Tribal Communities in India – Paper II|
|Social Change in modern society – Paper I||Population Dynamics – Paper II|
|Religion and society – Paper I||Religion and Society in India – Paper II|
|Politics and Society – Paper I||Politics and Society – Paper I (Some Topics)|
|Social Movements in modern India – Paper II||Industrialisation and urbanization in India|
|Perspective on the Study of Indian Society||Politics and Society – Paper II|
|Impact of colonial rule on Indian society||Challenges of social transformation|
|Rural & Agrarian social structure|
|Social classes in India|
NOTE: Minor changes are not unexpected.
For any further details, call @011-47065959, 7982900539, 9910944333
No Reviews found for this course.